Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Showering Caroline with Love

On April 19, my mother-in-law, Kathy, hosted a joint baby shower for us and my sister-in-law, Brooke, who is due 3.5 weeks before us! Brooke and Joe are also having a little girl, Emma Elizabeth. It is amazing how close the cousins will be in age!

We are really thankful to have such a supportive extended family. Jason has living grandparents who are still independent. They are all very loving and are anxious to see the next generation thrive.









On April 26, friends Jenny and Janelle hosted a shower for Caroline at Jenny's house. In this picture Janelle is just a few weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy.
It was so special to share this joyous time with friends I've known since childhood to those I met in college and beyond. My two best friends from Avon traveled so far to visit and celebrate Caroline's pending arrival. Courtney drove 6+ hours from Iowa City and Angie flew in from Tampa. We feel so blessed to have so many wonderful, caring friends who will teach Caroline about the world.

On May 31, client and friend Karen hosted a shower for my professional colleagues from PRSA, former employment and the MBA program as well as neighbors from our old and new neighborhood. It was an eclectic mix of brilliant, successful women who have helped me along my journey! Each provided sage advice for parenting, which was extremely valuable. We also received a lot of books, which will come in handy as we read to Caroline each night.



On June 1, my four female Sutton cousins hosted a shower for my family. From left to right - Kelly (30), Jenny (36), Melanie (35) and Robyn (32) - each is blessed with her own individual talents she can share with Caroline!

Here is a picture of me with my mom, whom we have decided to call "Nana." I was feeling pretty enormous this day - it was humid and I had walked around Broad Ripple in heels after church. My hands and feet started to swell pretty profusely! But staying hydrated, using massages and keeping my feet elevated has been helpful in alleviating that.


To see more shower pictures, visit http://carolinestanley.shutterfly.com/.

No comments: